THE Applus+ SOLUTION
New building commissioning services help clients meet their short- and long-term goals for improved performance through a comprehensive set of solutions starting from the design phase and continuing through to post-occupancy.
Our services include:
• Design reviews of construction drawings and specifications
• Review of equipment and systems installation
• Functional testing and system performance verification
• Oversee on-site training for O&M staff
• Review operation and maintenance manuals
HVAC Commissioning in existing buildings can take place for a number of reasons, including:
• Periodic Re-commissioning: Periodically, the HVAC systems in a building that were commissioned when new are re-commissioned. The purpose of re-commissioning could be to diagnose the cause of on-going, unresolved problems, or as part of a planned preventive maintenance program that includes formal re-commissioning elements. Re-commissioning may be limited to the systems exhibition problems or may be carried out on all HVAC systems in the building.
• Retro-commissioning: Identical to re-commissioning methodology, but for buildings that were not commissioned when new and are being commissioned for the first time.
• HVAC System Modifications: As occupancy or operational requirements change over time, HVAC system Modifications will be undertaken to meet the new requirements. As with new construction, commissioning will ensure that the modification work has been carried out in accordance with the contract document and design intent, and that new work has been properly integrated with existing systems.